Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM)(NYSE: AAU) owns 100% of the Tuligtic project in Puebla State, Mexico. Tuligtic covers the Ixtaca Gold-Silver Deposit, which was discovered by Almaden in 2010.
The Ixtaca Deposit currently hosts a proven and probable reserve of 65.1 million tonnes grading 0.62 g/t Gold and 37.7 g/t Silver or 1.29 million ounces of Gold and 78.8 million ounces of Silver.
In May 2017, Almaden filed a Preliminary Feasibility Study (PFS) of the Ixtaca deposit, which estimates an economically robust project generating an after-tax IRR of 41% using US$1250/oz Gold and US$18/oz Silver prices. The project would produce a total of 1,043,000 ounces of gold and 70.9 million ounces of silver over a 14 year mine life.
The PEA demonstrates that Ixtaca is one of Mexico’s premier precious metals deposits. Almaden's focus is now on advancing project engineering in a careful and deliberate manner and concurrently optimizing project design. In addition, significant exploration potential remains at Ixtaca and Almaden intends to turn its focus to this aspect of the project as market conditions allow.
Key highlights of the PEA Update include (using US$1,250/oz Au and US$18/oz Ag):
- Pre-tax NPV(5%) of $484 million and internal rate of return of 54%;
- After-tax NPV(5%) of $310 million and internal rate of return of 41%;
- Initial Capital of $117 million;
- After-tax payback of initial capital in 2.2 years;
- Total LOM production of 1.04 million ounces of gold and 70.9 million ounces of silver doré produced on site (2.07 million gold equivalent ounces, or 143 million silver-equivalent ounces at a 69:1 silver to gold ratio);
- Average annual production over the first 9 years of 88,780 ounces gold and 5.47 million ounces silver (168,100 gold equivalent ounces, or 11.6 million silver equivalent ounces);
- Operating cost $706 per gold equivalent ounce, or $10.20 per silver equivalent ounce;
- All-in Sustaining Costs (“AISC”), including operating costs, sustaining capital, expansion capital, private and public royalties, refining and transport of $862 per gold equivalent ounce, or $12.50 per silver equivalent ounce.
- Proven and Probable Minerals Reserves of 65 million tonnes averaging 0.62 g/t gold and 37.8 g/t silver (average head grade of 1.16 g/t gold equivalent using a 69:1 silver to gold ratio)
Latest Stock Info
Almaden Announces Pathfinder Elements Validate SE Alteration Zone Potential for Epithermal Veining
Almaden Discovers Veins Cropping Out In the Southeast Alteration Zone of Ixtaca Property
Almaden Outlines Deep Exploration Target Beneath Ixtaca Zone
Almaden Identifies New High Priority Exploration Target at the Ixtaca Property
Almaden Announces Exploration Plans at the Ixtaca Property
Almaden Announces Court Decision in respect of Environmental Permit Application for the Ixtaca Precious Metals Project, Mexico
Almaden Closes Non-Brokered Private Placement
Almaden Announces Proposed Non-Brokered Private Placement
Almaden Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
Almaden Announces Mexican Federal Government Issues Decree to Temporarily Suspend All Non-Essential Businesses, Including Mining and Exploration, Until April 30, 2020 Due to COVID-19
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on Vein Systems at Ixtaca Project
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on Multiple Veins and Targets at the Ixtaca Project
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on Renewed Exploration Focus at Ixtaca Project and Market Response
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) Chairman Duane Poliquin on Resumption of Exploration at the Ixtaca Gold-Silver Project in Mexico
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on Partnering with Local Community Group to Open a Community Water Reservoir Near the Ixtaca Mine in Mexico
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on the Nearly Decade-Long Journey from Discovery Hole to the Verge of a Positive Permitting Decision at the Ixtaca Project in Mexico
Bizarro World Podcast Episode 36: Central Bank Sugar Daddies
One of The Best Contrarians In the Resource Space on How to Navigate A Brutal Bear Market
RSD Weekly Recap: Palamina Corp. (TSX-V: PA), Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM)
Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) CEO Morgan Poliquin on Feasibility Study for the Ixtaca Precious Metals Project in Mexico: 42% After-Tax IRR with Annual Production of 203,000 Gold Equivalent Ounces
Almaden Minerals: Collaboration Agreement between Minera Gorrión and Zacatepec Water Users.
10 Gold Mining Development Projects
Gerardo Del Real: One For The History Books
A Mountain of Mexican Gold and Silver
Almaden Minerals: The Ixtaca Project
Almaden Minerals A Step Closer To Gold And Silver Production
Study Improves Mine Despite Higher Capex
Almaden nears feasibility at Ixtaca in Mexico
Mexican Gold and Silver Project Advancing to Production
One Of The Best In The Entire Resource Space