Midas Gold (TSX: MAX)(OTC: MDRPF) controls the world class Stibnite gold-antimony project, located in the historic Stibnite-Yellow Pine mining district in central Idaho, consolidating ownership of this important past-producing gold district under one owner for the first time in its history. In September 2012, Midas Gold reported the results of an independent Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) that demonstrated potential for a large-scale, long-life, low-cost open pit goldantimony mine that stands out from its peers. Approximately 50km of additional drilling from 2012 and 2013 was incorporated into Midas Gold’s September 2014 updated mineral resource statement and the company has executed studies designed to advance the project towards completion of a Pre-Feasibility Study in Q4 2014. With a multi-million ounce high-grade open-pit gold resource already defined, important antimony credits, and significant room for further growth, Midas Gold’s Stibnite Gold Project is one of North America’s premier development stories.
Midas Gold is working to upgrade and expand the existing mineral resources, and plans to test numerous high priority targets outside of the known resource areas. The mineral resource at the Stibnite Gold Project is contained within three deposit areas, all located within less than three kilometres of each other: Yellow Pine, Hangar Flats and West End. In addition to the substantial gold resource, potential exists for significant by-products of antimony, tungsten and silver.
- World class deposit Potential for large-scale, long-life, low-cost gold-antimony mine
- Multi-million ounce gold resource Large, good grade, open pit deposits
- Low geopolitical risk Located in pro-business and mining friendly Idaho, USA
- Exploration upside All three deposits open to expansion; defined potential for new discoveries
- Strategic by-products Potentially significant by-product credits of antimony, silver and tungsten
- Production proven metallurgy Sulphide milling operations conducted here from 1930s-50s
- Brownfields site Significant opportunity to improve existing environmental disturbance
- Community support Building a broad base of support through ongoing communication
- Experienced management team Track record of delivering results and shareholder value
Subscribe to the RSD email list and get the latest resource stock activity directly to your inbox, for free.
Latest Stock Info
Part of the Stock Digest family of websites